On Fri, 25 May 2018 07:37:53 -0500, John McKown wrote:

>On Fri, May 25, 2018 at 7:26 AM Tom Marchant wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 25 May 2018 12:20:18 +0000, Allan Staller wrote:
>>
>> >Check the releted DDDEF's and the SYSLIB/CALLLIB concat.
>>
>> SYSLIB? The SYSLIB DDDEF is for assemblies, not for link edits.
>
>​True for SMP/E usagre. The Binder, at least in batch, uses the DD SYSLIB
>for autocall (CALL option). However, SMP/E, when it scans the ++JCLIN, will
>notice any Binder SYSLIBs. It will store the last qualifier as a DDDEF name
>in the appropriate LMOD. When the Binder is invoked for that LMOD​, SMP/E
>will dynamically allocate the DDDEFs in the LMOD entry to some SMPnnnnn DD
>name and pass that name as the alternate SYSLIB name to the Binder.

SYSLIB?  SYSLMOD?  Whatever.  I don't believe SMP/E cares about SYSLIB
DD statement images in Binder JCLIN.  But the DDNAME on INCLUDE statements
must match the DLIB NAMED on the ++MOD MCS.

I once had a heated argument with a co-worker who observed that the SYSLMOD
DSN in JCLIN was not an existing data set, and insisted that it must refer to a
real
data set.  I tried to explain to him that what he saw was not JCL, but he
persisted,
arguing that if each line starts with "//" it must be JCL!

>However, I don't control the LMOD entry, it was set up for me by IBM when I
>installed SMP/E and maintained by them. And, just to be complete, AOSBN is
>not mentioned in the LMOD SYSLIB equivalent. Only LINKLIB is mentioned in
>the Binder SYSMOD for this LMOD.
>
>​Again, the output from SMP/E and the LIST LMOD XREF output can be viewed
>on Github here:
>https://gist.github.com/JohnArchieMckown/20d995cce8e2f201a4cf9725c4932092

-- gil