Can I assume the target is a z14-ZR1 single-frame? I've yet to see one installed, but hopefully I'll get to see one replace a z10BC next week. A few hardware things I can think of are:

- Does your z114 use ESCON? A ZR1 would need converters if you have older peripherals. - FICON 16S cards can only negotiate down to 4G. If you have older 2G peripherals, that could be an issue. - Brocade Gen 4 switches are not supported for ZR1 and need to move to at least Gen 5.
- ZR1 cannot use HCA coupling links, only the new ICA.
- Power for a ZR1 is single phase, basically meaning the old 3PH cords on the z114 can't be reused.