On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 8:36 AM Steve Smith <sasd...@gmail.com> wrote:

> DISP=NEW or OLD is perfectly valid for VSAM and PDSEs.  PDSEs presumably
> use some kind of hidden paging interface like LINEAR and ZFS do, but are
> not VSAM.

AFAIK, these use "Media Manager" for their I/O instead of the historic EXCP
or EXCPVR. "Media Manager" is not documented. I think the documentation is
only available to ISPs under an NDA; for a high cost and with no updates
included.

> sas

There is no such thing as the Cloud. It is just somebody else’s computer.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown