John wrote:
>it is not the default but is the only correct way to access a vsam file.
>disp=shr,dsn=xxxx.vsam (possible bufno,bufni,...etc)
Does any one know it that also applies to PDSEs?  AFAIK, they are VSAM
datasets.

OREXXMan
JCL is the buggy whip of 21st century computing.  Stabilize it.
Put Pipelines in the z/OS base.  Would you rather process data one
character at a time (Unix/C style), or one record at a time?
IBM has been looking for an HLL for program products; REXX is that language.