Hello,

I am looking at cloning a master catalog using the RCNVTCAT program.  The
intent is to use the NEW master catalog going forward. The NEW master
catalog will be defined to be shared and have symbols defined for using
indirect cataloging.

 I have run RCNVTCAT and it looks like it was successful. the following
members were created.
    ALIAS
    GDG
    IMPORT
     MISC
    NONVSAM
    RECAT
    REPORT
    SYSCTLG
    SYS1

I will be running the jobs with the idcams commands on the system of the
master catalog that is being cloned.

After the new master catalog is defined.
 My questions
  1) is there a specific order to run the created idcams commands.
  2) do i need to allocate new PAGE datasets in the new master catalog or
can they be 'recataloged'
  3) there are commands in the RECAT member to recatalog VVDS's. how will
that work?  will the VVDS's then point at the new master catalog?

Andrew Arentsen
Senior Mainframe Systems Engineer
Phone: 800.242.7666 x1349

This e-mail is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you must
not disclose or use the information contained in it. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please tell us immediately by return e-mail and delete the
document.