On 13 July 2018 at 13:35, Jim Mulder <d10j...@us.ibm.com> wrote:
>  This message suggests that ISRDDN is using
> GQSCAN with XSYS=NO  or
> ISGQUERY with  GATHERFROM=SYSTEM

I ran into this in one of our products last year. Code that had been
written a good many years ago for a ring GRS environment was subtly
not always working in today's typical star setup.

>  I don't know if there is any way to tell ISRDDN
> to use XSYS=YES or GATHERFROM=SYSPLEX.

It's just a single bit in the GQSCAN expansion - easy to zap.
Doubtless not hard for ISGQUERY either. But of course an option in
ISRDDN would be good.

Curiously, although there are performance warnings for both macros
about searching the cross system scope, XSYS=YES is the defaul for
GQSCAN, but GATHERFROM=SYSTEM (i.e. not SYSPLEX) is the default for
ISGQUERY.

Tony H.