From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Ze'ev Atlas
Sent: Sunday, September 16, 2018 7:35 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: C macro processor - supply exteranl values - emulating CMake

Unfortunately, this is NOT the case

I do have several cases were a macro is not defined in the source code but
supplied, macro and value by the mechanism:
DEF(MACRONAME=somevalue)

Here I encountered something else (I assume it is a CMake and gcc construct).
The macro is not defined externally, but in the source code:

#DEFINE MACRONAME @macroname@

and the make process would supply the value to substitute the @macroname@.  My
question is whether IBM C run via JCL has a mechanism to supply the value only.
 I believe that this is a non-standard feature that the GNU guys are pushing on
us.

ZA