On Sun, 16 Sep 2018 11:58:14 +0000, Ze'ev Atlas wrote:

>Hi allI am using IBM C compiler via good ol' JCL.  I already know how to
>supply external macro definitions by supplying://OPTFILE DD
>DSN=MY.LIB(OPTFILE),...and an OPTFILE member that contains lines
>like:DEF(HAVE_STDINT_H)or evenDEF(HAVE_STDINT_H=1)
>I have a new challenge, something like:#define HAVE_STDINT_H
>@HAVE_STDINT_H@which means that I should not define the macro externally, but
>get only the value from CMake… I do not have CMake and I do not use it since I
>run with good ol' JCL.
>Is there a way to supply the value only?

On a Linux system, I downloaded and unpacked:
    curl -fOD - https://ftp.pcre.org/pub/pcre/pcre2-10.32.tar.gz

In src/config.h.in I read about several options.
In environments that support the GNU autotools, config.h.in is converted into
config.h by the "configure" script. In environments that use CMake,
config-cmake.in is converted into config.h. If you are going to build PCRE2 "by
hand" without using "configure" or CMake, you should copy the distributed
config.h.generic to config.h, and edit the macro definitions to be the way you
need them. You must then add -DHAVE_CONFIG_H to all of your compile commands,
so that config.h is included at the start of every source.

Note that CMake is one of the three options, not required.

With other products on z/OS, I have had good success using the "autotools"
scheme.

When I run configure, the line:
../pcre2-10.32/Makefile.in:PCRE2_HAVE_STDINT_H = @PCRE2_HAVE_STDINT_H@

Is transformed to:
../bunsen/Makefile:PCRE2_HAVE_STDINT_H = 1

No need to do a bunch of DEF() or hand editing.

Just Read the Instructions,
gil