Task. Management By Airline Magazine!

From: Jeff Savit [mailto:jsa...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2018 8:06 PM
To: li...@akphs.com
Cc: ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: IBM Z and cloud

"MBAM"? I'm guessing that's MBA "something"

I haven't had a chance to do more than skim the article, but it doesn't look
good at all.

On Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 4:51 PM Phil Smith III <li...@akphs.com
<mailto:li...@akphs.com> > wrote:

Mohammad Khan wrote, in part:

>May be Ginny & friends don't want to be left out of all this cool cloud talk
>at the parties, so they made the claim. It's not like that there is a
>Cloud(TM) certifying authority that will shut them up :).

Indeed. That’s what I’m getting out of this: it’s MBAM, only worse. And is
going to doom IBM if they don’t smarten up.

Article I tripped across, badly edited but trenchant:

https://seekingalpha-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/seekingalpha.com/amp/article/4205420-sad-decline-international-business-machines

I (like most on this list) have made my career around IBM. I’ve had my
frustrations with it, but it’s been Big Blue and a good thing for decades. Now
it seems bent on self-destruction, and I’m watching its death-spiral and
wishing I knew some way to stop it. I suppose Ginny & co. may feel the same
way, but they sure don’t *appear* to be worried: it feels like it’s “full speed
ahead, that can’t possibly be an iceberg up there!” and that’s both sad and
scary. I’m not likely to give up on it – I have a proven track record of
sticking with things long after it’s sensible, I’m afraid – but I can’t say I’m
enjoying the current arc.

…phsiii