From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@listserv.ua.edu> on behalf of
Paul Gilmartin <0000000433f07816-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu>
Sent: Thursday, November 1, 2018 6:46 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@listserv.ua.edu
Subject: Re: bpxwdyn("INFO DD(UFSOUT) INRTPATH(dir)") truncates directory names
containing spaces

On Thu, 1 Nov 2018 22:37:32 +0100, R.S. wrote:

>While it's interesting issue, ...wouldn't it be practical to avoid
>spaces in pathname?
>My€0.02

Like any circumvention, it mqy be practical, but the underlying
defect should be fixed.

It's socially responsible to report such problems to spare one's
peers the cost of re-encountering them.

(I was asked by IBM support on one occasion, "Do you need this to work,
or were you 'just testing'?")

-- gil