On Mon, 5 Nov 2018 17:05:36 -0600, Mike Schwab wrote:

>Whatever abbreviations you put in will be displayed.  And it does work
>for Australia and other Down Under locations.

In Linux, I can:
    507 $ TZ=Zulu date; TZ=Australia/Canberra date
    Tue Nov  6 01:53:51 UTC 2018
    Tue Nov  6 12:53:51 AEDT 2018

... which I think is nicely intuitive.  What's the equivalent to program STP?

I didn't immediately see a list of supported time zones in either of the
pages Carmen cited:

On Mon, 5 Nov 2018 15:54:26 -0500, Carmen Vitullo wrote:

>reviewing the STP course, although somewhat dated
>https://www-01.ibm.com/servers/resourcelink/edu03010.nsf/pages/introductionToServerTimeProtocolStp/$file/C003_stp_setup_initialize.htm#
>
>it appears if the time zone selected supports automatic adjustments it will be
>available for selection, if not --- SOL!
>https://www-01.ibm.com/servers/resourcelink/edu03010.nsf/pages/introductionToServerTimeProtocolStp/$file/settinginitialtimevalues_viewlet_swf.htm

... but I didn't chase all the links on those pages.  Where might there be such
a list?

-- gil