From: "David Jousma" <000001a0403c5dc1-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu>
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Sent: Tuesday, November 6, 2018 7:48:39 AM
Subject: Re: Speaking of time change...

Carmen, you don’t mention it, but are you running with your system clocks at
LOCAL time or GMT with the offset? Nothing IBM provided at relatively current
levels does anything with LOCAL time anymore, its all based off GMT. Including
DB2 and SMF. CICS now even detects time change automatically, and does his own
reset.

Unless you are doing system maintenance along with the IPLs, you could be just
doing the SET TIMEZONE=xx.xx command and saving yourself the IPL. Even if you
do continue to hold application processing down for the hour.

Dave Jousma
Mainframe Engineering, Assistant Vice President
david.jou...@53.com
1830 East Paris, Grand Rapids, MI 49546 MD RSCB2H
p 616.653.8429
f 616.653.2717