There are other reasons to install WSA.

--
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
http://mason.gmu.edu/~smetz3

From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@listserv.ua.edu> on behalf of
Paul Gilmartin <0000000433f07816-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu>
Sent: Saturday, December 1, 2018 6:52 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@listserv.ua.edu
Subject: Re: IND$FILE -- where did the name come from?

On Sat, 1 Dec 2018 18:08:26 -0500, Don Leahy wrote:

>Why all the love for IND$FILE?  ISPF's workstation agent (WSA) is a far
>superior solution to the problem of sending files between your work station
>and the mainframe.  Easy to automate (see the ISPF FILEXFER service) and is
>included with ISPF at no additional cost.

Linux?
MacOS?
Solaris?
... ?

1. FTP (requires workstation FTP server).
o Download using FTP. ISPF invokes the host FTP client to connect with the FTP
server
  on your workstation and transfer the WSA installation program.
Well, gee. If I already have FTP to my workstation, why do I need to install
something else to transfer files?

-- gil