From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Tony Harminc
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2018 2:07 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: (External):Re: IND$FILE -- where did the name come from?

On Fri, 30 Nov 2018 at 14:37, Paul Gilmartin <
0000000433f07816-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu> wrote:

> Does IBM support any such clients nowadays?

I have an old (2006) version of Pcom "Workstation Program Version 5.9 for
Windows" that seems to have a built-in client.

And the Help->About has a link to the "support home page" at
https://www.ibm.com/us-en/marketplace/personal-communications which offers a
free 90-day trial, so at least some version appears to still be supported.

PC 3270?  Are all supported clients from ISVs?  Do ISV's reverse-engineer
> the interface,
> or are interface specs available to them, perhaps by license, subject
> to NDA?

I've never seen any interface specs from IBM, except the obviously unofficial
file  "SS-HCS12-1372-00.pdf" that was mentioned on this list in 2015. I think
the most well known reverse engineer is Mike Rayborn of
CBT607 fame, but it has doubtless been done independently by several people.

Tony H.