From: "Vignesh Sankaranarayanan"
<vignesh.v.sankaranaraya...@marks-and-spencer.com>
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2018 7:27:38 AM
Subject: Fixes from CA

Hi,

On getting a bunch of Solutions downloaded from the CA site for a product, the
subsequent uploads to mainframe fail because the .txt files go on for more than
80 cols.
This is super annoying as I'm looking to upload hundreds of PTF HOLDDATA.
I've used quote site lrecl=80 but when the first line of R1235.txt is 81
columns, how many ever lines the file has, FTP-ing it from desktop to mainframe
brings in only the first line.
Usually, I get around this but just making sure the first record stops at col
80.
Easy to do when dealing with only a handful of files..

Help! What's the best way to forcefully truncate the broken .txt files at 80
columns so I can transfer them with ease.
No, I can't setup SMPE RECEIVE ORDER. Fixes get downloaded to a PC, then FTP'd
from PC to mainframe.

- Vignesh
Mainframe Infrastructure

MARKSANDSPENCER.COM
________________________________
Unless otherwise stated above:
Marks and Spencer plc
Registered Office:
Waterside House
35 North Wharf Road
London
W2 1NW

Registered No. 214436 in England and Wales.

Telephone (020) 7935 4422
Facsimile (020) 7487 2670

www.marksandspencer.com

This e-mail is confidential. If you received it by mistake, please let us know
and then delete it from your system; you should not copy, disclose, or
distribute its contents to anyone nor act in reliance on this e-mail, as this
is prohibited and may be unlawful.