From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Jesse 1 Robinson
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2018 4:54 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Dancing around RMM

We want to discard some very old tapes after making sure there's nothing of
value on them. When we run Innovation FATAR to analyze them, the jobs fail with
messages like those below using JCL like this:

//TAPEIN   DD  UNIT=TAPECR,LABEL=(,BLP),
//             DISP=OLD,VOL=SER=(nnnnnn)

There's a whole slew of STGADMIN profiles in FACILITY class that allow the user
to get around 'irregularities', but we can't seem to find one that would allow
this usage. The tapes are not defined to RMM. We just want to know what's on
the tapes before the trash truck pulls out of the loading dock.

EDG4025I VOLUME nnnnnn REJECTED. READING OF SCRATCH VOLUMES OR VOLUMES OBTAINED
WITH GETVOLUME IS NOT PERMITTED EDG4006E VOLUME nnnnnn ON uuuu REJECTED FOR USE
BY FATARAN1, FATAR, TAPEIN, OPEN REQUEST FAILED BY DFSMSrmm
IEC502E R uuuu,,     ,,FATARAN1,FATAR
IEC145I 413-08,IFG0194K,FATARAN1,FATAR,TAPEIN,uuuu,,
SYS18352.T164910.RA000.FATARAN1.R0140502

.
.
J.O.Skip Robinson
Southern California Edison Company
Electric Dragon Team Paddler
SHARE MVS Program Co-Manager
323-715-0595 Mobile
626-543-6132 Office <===== NEW
robin...@sce.com<mailto:robin...@sce.com>

addressee or an authorized designee, you may not copy or use it, or disclose it
to anyone else. If you received it in error please notify us immediately and
then destroy it