From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On
Behalf Of Charles Mills
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2019 11:04 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Cause of CsvdylpaRsnBadVersion?

I've got CSVDYLPA code that has been working more or less unchanged for
eight years -- no idea what release of z/OS it was developed on. (The coding
has not changed but it is re-assembled from time to time -- the most recent
object module was created on V2R2.)

All of a sudden I am getting return code 080e = CsvdylpaRsnBadVersion. See
here:
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSLTBW_2.3.0/com.ibm.zos.v2r3
.ieaa100/iea3a1_Description18.htm

The code consists of

         CSVDYLPA REQUEST=ADD,MODINFOTYPE=MEMBERLIST,                  +
               MODINFO=(R2),NUMMOD=1,                                  +
               DDNAME=KSTEPLIB,                                        +
               REQUESTOR=KCORRELOG,                                    +
               SECMODCHECK=NO,     Why bother?                         +
               MODPROB=STOP,       Make sure get return code           +
               PLISTVER=MAX,       Recommended by IBM                  +
               MF=(E,DYLPAL,COMPLETE)

And

         CSVDYLPA PLISTVER=MAX,MF=(L,DYLPAL)

The two macros are in the same source module so always get assembled at the
same time at the same level.

The suggested "Action" is "Action: Check for possible storage overlay of the
parameter list."

"Overlay" in the classic sense seems unlikely, but the MF=L area is on the
LE stack and so contains "random" data. Do I need to XC the MF=L area before
I issue the CSVDYLPA, even with MF=(...,COMPLETE)?

Any other likely causes I should be looking at?

Charles