I still like tape.

No B37 abends. No waiting for recalls from HSM and reduces the need for HSM
recycling.

As long as only 1 open is required at a time and no one needs to
browse/edit the dataset, I don't see any reason to store large sequential
datasets on DASD.

CA-1 reporting and ISPF panels give a lot of easily access to information,
without the need to scan through tons of SMS data to get the same for DASD
data.