This is addressed by:   https://www.iana.org/time-zones

>As for localtime better than the z/OS implementation, that's silly. First, bad
>is still bad. Second, C local time is a language feature instead of OS
>feature.

Only because you call it so.  The TIME macro is a language (HLASM) feature
instead of OS feature.

Third, it was designed around a specific Unix feature (environment variables).
It needs redesign for use in CICS, IMS and most z/OS components.

There are other ways to pass such a parameter.  It could be a PARMLIB entry.

-- gil