As I said before, that is the reason for the existence of SYSn.IPLPARM. To
locate SYS1.PARMLIB when it is not on the sysres (among other things).

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Jesse 1 Robinson
Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2019 11:54 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Clarification on DASD mod conversion of SYSRES

System symbols are defined IEASYMxx, which resides in (some) PARMLIB as
specified in LOADxx. I don't think you can resolve a system symbol whose
location is itself determined by IEASYSMxx until you have found and read that
SYM member.

My personal preference for a variety of reasons is to keep the 'business'
SYS1.PARMLIB away from sysres on a fixed, hard-coded volser.

.
.
J.O.Skip Robinson
Southern California Edison Company