Anything interesting if browse the load modules for eye-catchers?

Thanks!
BobL

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
David Staudacher
Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2019 12:57 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: [EXT] Xpediter: Same Debugger from Competing Vendors???

I'm trying to nail down the origin of Xpediter.
We all know it is now exclusively marketed by Compuware, but was this*always*
the case?
I find *multiple* Computerworld articles from the mid-80s with ads by
"Application Development Systems, Inc" promoting an IBM Mainframe
Batch/TSO/VM/CICS debugging product called "Xpediter".

For examples, see:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__books.google.com_books-3Fid-3DmXEbp4U3AT8C-26pg-3DPA103&d=DwIFaQ&c=MWFkEADu9ctt4KEmLIuwsQ&r=2NwYDhbHSLSk8Y20BtkXqDR04_yd_pXjwSDkT22AeGs&m=HdPIldRlHebeiifeMV746jLuOFfkLpQlnrOFSUO7-Qo&s=lftViEdbVmht-GILwYVc3YK5rJTprzihYuw-QEWv9d0&e=
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__books.google.com_books-3Fid-3D0OuJCcQkEzEC-26pg-3DPA10-2DIA29&d=DwIFaQ&c=MWFkEADu9ctt4KEmLIuwsQ&r=2NwYDhbHSLSk8Y20BtkXqDR04_yd_pXjwSDkT22AeGs&m=HdPIldRlHebeiifeMV746jLuOFfkLpQlnrOFSUO7-Qo&s=YfcTDUU562Lgsw5j-AqOh_-3Tio9z75GwEUhoKmJplQ&e=
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__books.google.com_books-3Fid-3Da8FBzsfoBZEC-26pg-3DPA87&d=DwIFaQ&c=MWFkEADu9ctt4KEmLIuwsQ&r=2NwYDhbHSLSk8Y20BtkXqDR04_yd_pXjwSDkT22AeGs&m=HdPIldRlHebeiifeMV746jLuOFfkLpQlnrOFSUO7-Qo&s=rtqicfn32ObVPcWRmOps3mgyuXLMY7FyLs8nmRYlCFE&e=
None of these ads give *any* indication that Xpediter is a Compuware product,
yet the description *clearly* matches the Compuware product we all know.
Was this a product which Compuware later acquired?
( I doubt this, as I find other pages which say Compuware launched Xpediter
v1.0 some time in the '70s ) Was this a true competing product from a
*different* vendor which just happened to have the same name as the famous
Compuware product?
( I doubt this as I'm sure Compuware would have filed a lawsuit for trademark
infrigement but I can't find any evidence that such a suit was ever filed) Was
"Application Development Systems" a licensee which sold Xpediter independently?
( This seems most likely, yet I can find no evidence to conclusively support
this )

Anyone here know the skinny on this?
Gregory Kurtz??

Confidentiality Note: The information contained in this
message, and any attachments, may contain confidential
and/or privileged material.  It is intended solely for the
person(s) or entity to which it is addressed.  Any review,
retransmission, dissemination, or taking of any action in
reliance upon this information by persons or entities other
than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited.  If you received
material from any device.