From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
David Staudacher
Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2019 2:57 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Xpediter: Same Debugger from Competing Vendors???

I'm trying to nail down the origin of Xpediter.
We all know it is now exclusively marketed by Compuware, but was this*always*
the case?
I find *multiple* Computerworld articles from the mid-80s with ads by
"Application Development Systems, Inc" promoting an IBM Mainframe
Batch/TSO/VM/CICS debugging product called "Xpediter".

For examples, see:
http://books.google.com/books?id=mXEbp4U3AT8C&pg=PA103
http://books.google.com/books?id=0OuJCcQkEzEC&pg=PA10-IA29
http://books.google.com/books?id=a8FBzsfoBZEC&pg=PA87
None of these ads give *any* indication that Xpediter is a Compuware product,
yet the description *clearly* matches the Compuware product we all know.
Was this a product which Compuware later acquired?
( I doubt this, as I find other pages which say Compuware launched Xpediter
v1.0 some time in the '70s ) Was this a true competing product from a
*different* vendor which just happened to have the same name as the famous
Compuware product?
( I doubt this as I'm sure Compuware would have filed a lawsuit for trademark
infrigement but I can't find any evidence that such a suit was ever filed) Was
"Application Development Systems" a licensee which sold Xpediter independently?
( This seems most likely, yet I can find no evidence to conclusively support
this )

Anyone here know the skinny on this?
Gregory Kurtz??

attachments from your system.