All,

We are evaluating moving from standard green screen application development to
using the new tooling including iDZ-> GIT -> IBM DBB, ->Jenkins -> Urban Code
Deploy, etc.   Working on a mini POC in the sandbox, and am having a hard time
finding z/OS security requirements for running the Jenkins slave as mainframe
Unix user, and what it really needs access to.  I'm still learning this
territory, but my impression is the Jenkins server (off platflorm) communicates
with the Jenkins slave on the MF and is a pipeline control tool, and issues
GIT, IBM DBB build commands, and that the intention that it does that work on
behalf of others, which could be an individual developer, or could be the
userid of the "change management process", etc.

I'm hoping that there are some shops out there already doing this, and would
interested in sharing some information off-list?

Thanks, Dave

Dave Jousma
AVP | Manager, Systems Engineering
[cid:image003.png@01D4F915.C9E34050]

Fifth Third Bank  |  1830 East Paris Ave, SE  |  MD RSCB2H  |  Grand Rapids, MI
49546
616.653.8429  |  fax: 616.653.2717

This e-mail transmission contains information that is confidential and may be
privileged.
It is intended only for the addressee(s) named above. If you receive this
e-mail in error,
please do not read, copy or disseminate it in any manner.  If you are not the
intended
recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this
information
is prohibited. Please reply to the message immediately by informing the sender
that the
message was misdirected. After replying, please erase it from your computer
system. Your
assistance in correcting this error is appreciated.