For that many rows I would use a Database, or SQLite 3 (CBT Tape #965 and there
is compile JCL on the CBT Tape the can be used against the current version of
SQLite from the sqlite.org website). BPXWDYN makes a great interface to SQLITE
via REXX (my preference for ISPF Apps), or there is an include API for COBOL.

Al Ferguson       | mailto:afergu...@neptunescove.org
Milwaukee, WI USA |   http://www.neptunescove.org

Dulcius ex Asperis