I have an ISPF application that is built around a table of about 90,000
rows.   Performance is acceptable, but the app is read-only except for the
overnight batch process that builds it.   The build process is a bit of a
pig.

The Locate command was a problem.  My first attempt was a brute force scan
until the desired row was reached.   When I changed it to use a binary
search performance improved greatly.   A “filter” command driven by TBSARG
works very well and is my customary way of zooming to the rows that I am
interested in.