Hmm. I sent the post below, doesn't appear to have ever showed up, so retrying!

From: Phil Smith III
Sent: Tuesday, December 31, 2019 9:27 PM
To: ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu <mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu>
Subject: Re: it was 20 years ago today ....

> Has it been 20 years since Y2K?? sometimes it seems like last year, other
> times seems like another lifetime .....

How many of us had smartass kids hanging out in the basement who, at 12:00:01,
threw the main breaker? I know I did!

Like many of you, I was on call that night, took the 2AM-10AM shift (at
Sterling Software). Around 5AM when it was clear nothing was happening, we got
sent home. I did get a nice sweatshirt out of it.