Would you believe that there is still fallout from Y2K. NYC parking meters
could not accept credit cards because of it.

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/news/2020/01/03/software-glitch-knocks-out-credit-card-payments-at-nyc-parking-meter

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Seymour J Metz
Sent: Friday, January 3, 2020 11:26 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: [External] Re: FW: Re: it was 20 years ago today ....

There were date dependencies in a lot of unexpected places, although some of
them were of minor importance. There was no more reason to believe that
everything was under control than there was to believe in the inevitability of
disaster. Hidden among the hype were some plausible concerns. Frankly, we
lucked out.

--

Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz

https://gcc02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http:%2F%2Fmason.gmu.edu%2F~smetz3&amp;data=02%7C01%7Cebarkow%40doitt.nyc.gov%7C668247219a474d4f929208d79069ad4c%7C73d61799c28440228d4154cc4f1929ef%7C0%7C0%7C637136655989197748&amp;sdata=fffL9bJBCNMoJYgF%2F2NSwhyJc29Tajp370CzvdEm%2Bmk%3D&amp;reserved=0