From the z/OS V2.4 announcement.  Reading between the lines, I don’t think you
can install this on lower version of z/OS, but maybe a quick support ticket
would be in order.  Also it is chargeable feature.

Removal of user key common storage

User key common storage is memory that can be updated by any unauthorized
program. z/OS V2.4 no longer supports unrestricted user key common storage,
thereby improving application isolation and security. PTFs for APARs OA53355
and OA56180 are available at lower releases to assist in migration and
identification of programs accessing user key common storage.

Removal of support of YES setting for VSM ALLOWUSERKEYCSA DIAGxx parmlib
parameter: z/OS V2.3 will be the last release of z/OS to support the YES
setting for the VSM ALLOWUSERKEYCSA DIAGxx parmlib parameter. If you run any
software that requires the setting of this parameter to YES, the software will
need to be changed to no longer require the setting of this parameter to YES or
the optional priced RUCSA feature will be required.

All IBM provided software should not require this setting. If you have any
other non-IBM provided software that requires this setting, contact the owner
of the software regarding this usage.

Removal of support for obtaining user key CSA/ECSA storage: z/OS V2.4 does not
support the usage of the GETMAIN, CPOOL, and STORAGE OBTAIN interfaces to
obtain user key (8-15) CSA/ECSA storage. If you have any software that obtains
user key CSA/ECSA storage, the software will need to be changed to no longer
require this capability or the optional priced RUCSA feature will be required.

Removal of support for obtaining user key CSA/ECSA storage: z/OS V2.4 does not
support the usage of the GETMAIN, CPOOL, and STORAGE OBTAIN interfaces to
obtain user key (8-15) CSA/ECSA storage. If you have any software that obtains
user key CSA/ECSA storage, the software will need to be changed to no longer
require this capability or the optional priced RUCSA feature will be required.

Removal of support for changing Common ESQA (Subpool 247-248) storage to user
key: z/OS V2.4 does not support the usage of the CHANGKEY interface to change
Common ESQA (Subpool 247-248) storage to user key (8-15). If you have any
software that changes Common ESQA (Subpool 247-248) storage to user key, the
software will need to be changed to no longer require this capability.

Removal of support of YES setting for ALLOWUSERKEYCADS DIAGxx parmlib
parameter: z/OS V2.4 does not support the YES setting for the ALLOWUSERKEYCADS
DIAGxx parmlib parameter. On prior releases, when ALLOWUSERKEYCADS(YES) is in
effect, usage of the DSPSERV CREATE interface to create a SCOPE=COMMON data
space in user key (8 -15) is supported. If you run any software that requires
the setting of this parameter to YES, the software will need to be changed to
no longer require the setting of this parameter to YES. All IBM provided
software should not require this setting. If you have any other non-IBM
provided software that requires this setting, contact the owner of the software
regarding this usage.

Removal of support for creating SCOPE=COMMON data spaces in user key: z/OS V2.4
does not support the usage of the DSPSERV CREATE interface to create a
SCOPE=COMMON data space in user key (8 -15). If you have any software that
creates a SCOPE=COMMON data space in user key, the software will need to be
changed to no longer require this capability.

Restricted Use Common Service Area (RUCSA) feature

A new optional priced feature, RUCSA, is offered to enable clients to define a
restricted use CSA (RUCSA) and manage it through SAF security protection. While
avoiding user key common storage entirely is recommended, this feature enables
clients who cannot update their applications that allocate user key CSA to gain
enhanced protection without the need for application changes. Additionally, new
health checks and instrumentation are added to track usage of this area. PTFs
for APARs OA53355 and OA56180 are available at lower releases to assist in
migration and identification of programs accessing user key common.

Dave Jousma
AVP | Manager, Systems Engineering

Fifth Third Bank  |  1830 East Paris Ave, SE  |  MD RSCB2H  |  Grand Rapids, MI
49546
616.653.8429  |  fax: 616.653.2717