And battery backup - got that covered

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On
Behalf Of Seymour J Metz
Sent: Friday, April 3, 2020 5:54 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Mesh Router

Sutge protector?

--
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
http://mason.gmu.edu/~smetz3

From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] on behalf of
Ken Smith [ksmith3...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, April 3, 2020 5:03 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU

The New York Times-owned Wirecutter reviews are pretty good including those
on networking. Ditto (GENER!) Consumer Reports if you have a subscription.

https://secure-web.cisco.com/1N98IePCuG1tgIy0wKnZnZ606b8x3AdN8jVKMvfn2Ek_8Z2
tXpuSnwE3N92bAbOfx0RXUZgIbitDEn6y5VSLimGbuT0-fL0tanTwStX1OtsEJ9MGEj0m_yDWykR
aniEz6IEcLgw4WmXAx3w9z6XlJQLpxkZbqmP8v5HbeIPdLi6Ftu4VnbD__F3M_aZIfn3iNjjiOpk
oRqSfyVSLqVQ7fO2Hspujyzrp8hhcXqLCb0-I95k5DHACCa63fZT2lC5_spvvTDL4t62eod2RVrV
7gUeX-MJSaliWjcgLoAL5MuaUZhIKGj8BJxp-sWMmiVX1iztj0qzMRbBlIygveIGJFBzVaYrx9OJ
NxDiip8_rx7E90rVXtL0HTnds9jZWESXFtflyNlB0HMvOmoGDSCHiT8eArV_5ZCvu58IZBfkN8vJ
Qcj3YGYpjShUAEJXXd-Brd/https%3A%2F%2Fthewirecutter.com%2Felectronics%2Fnetwo
rking%2F
https://www.consumerreports.org/cro/wireless-routers.htm

Splitters are cheap and easy if you run out of physical ports.
A disadvantage to your own cable modem is surges or lightning. They'll
replace their device but not yours.

Ken
On Fri, Apr 3, 2020 at 10:21 AM scott Ford <idfli...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey Lionel,
>
> I have Verizon FIOS can I tie the mesh network you mentioned into it ...?
> We have a crazy device house, a lot of WiFi..
>
> On Fri, Apr 3, 2020 at 9:33 AM Lionel B Dyck <lbd...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I have the Linksys Velop and it works great:
> > https://www.linksys.com/us/velop/
> >

> > Lionel B. Dyck <sdg><
> > Website:
http://secure-web.cisco.com/1MQsLuQfLTyJSLbZMM65PxiVYMMnVYpGGE3k2-rmSJm0lstq
6Yju6DCaN1k4Rzh6skvzhflvsmfOiBDeVNCvflMTL0Jt0Oh7rHbuuO0MFW5GKiAb5TK63aV-0yrg
dIiKYAeqMcExeEMwcNcI3DLyQfVMtTSb8yvVvXmHbnVvfabyZf_l-FjSln7SnEPgy7islnL9Zmg-
ZKHJTysWdJ5dKkrMF6ccDlN0HpYV3-FOVOYmgSdQztVYmfF-KblRURJEx9fPhDRKiu93Z0-wqebE
rL9nPqobOcSEuZ30TQRi4etwnhhgCR4esD3gwGx3yNj_EGVWkIzaHB5xNnBoG3ZjxSRJFW5SDLER
wzDbxXiTqC744370G9EXvWzdGsmI4f-VerdsIjGL-3sLWqkNO8_NKeOduLfZL4hbOweWG6U7wHsi
MxJgHzYD48lDgJRG1r8IG/http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lbdsoftware.com