PL/I, the language to replace all other languages.  At least that's what IBM
said.

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of Tom
Brennan
Sent: Saturday, May 9, 2020 11:34 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Developers say Google's Go is 'most sought after' programming
language of 2020

[External Email. Exercise caution when clicking links or opening attachments.]

Nice web site and pottery!

PHP has long been my favorite even for larger web applications, and also for
scripting under Windows.  I was just about to try to learn something new though
- web page scraping in whatever language they use for Chrome plug-ins.  Now I
guess I'll have to look at this "Go" thing too.  When will it all settle down
to just one programming language??  Ha - I know, never.

On 5/9/2020 6:49 PM, Jack J. Woehr wrote:
> On 5/9/20 7:12 PM, Seymour J Metz wrote:
>> Python certainly has a lot of eyeballs, although I'm still seeing
>> calls for PHP,
>
> PHP is a fun language for coding small, interactive websites like the
> one I coded "by hand" for my wife's pottery https://herwheel.com
>
> Python is a masterfully designed, mature language, easy to learn, with
> huge community module support including scientific programming.

Confidentiality notice:
This e-mail message, including any attachments, may contain legally privileged
and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or
the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended
recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or
copying of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this
e-mail message from your computer.