I actually love HLASM, PL/I, and older versions of C++.  C++ was a leader
in OO programming, but imho, it's gotten so stupefyingly complicated that
it's may not be humanly possible to write decent programs with it.  Go
sounds like a pretty good reset, but at this point, I only know what I've
read about it.

It's name however, is horrible. Goo, Goog, or even G would have obviated
much ambiguity.  As it is, they may be stuck with Golang being the common
name.

sas