>>> Mullens are gentle bits but not sure why the curb chain is attached via
a short shank?

I don't think those qualify as "shanks"  - I think shanks are an extension
that you connect the reins to.  It looks like this is basically a loose-ring
mullen mouth snaffle, in how the reins and the bridle attach.  He says it
provides "pole pressure" (their spelling, not mine...) but I'm not sure how.
Maybe that funny extension-bars-thingy forces the bit to an odd angle in the
horse's mouth - I just don't get it.

Didn't he say that the purpose of that extension-thingy was to keep the bit
from pulling through the mouth?   I have an eggbutt mullen snaffle, and the
eggbutt rings are big enough not to pull through.  I think I paid $20-25 for
it.  I'm not sure what this bit does that a mullen snaffle, or mullen
Kimberwicke or mullen Pelham won't do - for a lot less.  For that price, you
could get one of each to have to play with - an eggbutt snaffle, a
Kimberwicke and a Pelham!

I saw this ad once before and what crossed my mind was that odd angle on the
non-shank-thingy is another thing to have to watch for pinching or other fit
issues.  That alone would make me avoid it, unless someone can tell me
otherwise.

Karen Thomas
[EMAIL PROTECTED]




Reply via email to