On 1/3/07, dawn_atherton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  --------------I'm thinking about going with the "Glow" as a secondary
>  color.  I'd LOVE to have some sort of reflective material (the stuff
>  that looks like it's glowing at night when a car light hits it), but
>  the "Glow" would be my second choice.  Blaze Orange would be my
>  third - always practical for riding in the fall :-).  Have you seen
>  the "Glow" color?  If so, does it really glow in the dark?

The glow will glow for about two hours if properly charged with light.
It's a pale yellowish/green color when it's not glowing. The glow is
nice, but if you ride with people at night the constant movement of
the glow strip can make them very sick. I can't ride with lights on my
horse or with people who use lights, I either end up with a migraine
or a bad case of motion sickness.

>  And do you find that the cues are a bit "finer tuned" in a sidepull
>  versus riding in just a "plain old halter"?  I find the halters that
>  we are riding in to be pretty sloppy as far and how much they twist
>  and turn on the horses heads.  The cue just can't be as accurate when
>  the tack slips and slides around on the horse's head.  I'd prefer to
>  have something more stabile and thus, the communication finer than a
>  halter.  I'm hoping a sidepull will accomplish this.

I have added a browband onto a halter at one point. It was made of
nylon web and velcro. That seemed to help keep things steady, but part
of my problem was the halter headed for her withers every time I rode
in it! I like the Sidepulls and feel like they do give a clearer cue
than a standard halter. I tried a Bosal a few years back, but I didn't
udnerstand it well enough back then to use it properly. I want to try
one again vs the Sidepull and see where we go with that.

Steph
-- 
"Brutality begins where skill ends."
"Correctly understood, work at the lunge line is indispensable for
rider and horse from the very beginning through the highest levels."
Von Niendorff

Reply via email to