>>> http://iceryder.net/gaitvideos.html  It's the first one, and includes
some slo-mo.

I have trouble with those dark front legs, knowing which is near and which
is far, but I believe the moving legs are paired laterally?   The timing
looks pretty in-synch at first in the slow-mo, but a second or so later, the
rear looks to set down before the front.  My guess, assuming I see the
pairing correctly, is pace, maybe moving into stepping pace.   Interesting
that the horse's head seems to move some, and from this angle appears to
have a very slight "nod."  Maybe, though, if we looked at the horse's head
motion from the front, or from the saddle, the head would be moving more in
a "V" pattern than in an up-and-down nod.

I think the "V" head motion indicates stepping pace, or at least a strong
lateral influence...?  By "V", I mean the head moves up to the left, down to
the center, up to the right, down to the center, etc., indicating some
side-to-side motion.  It doesn't look as loose as the up-and-down nod you
see in a good running walk.  I watched the "V" a lot in the early years when
we struggled to find a well-fitting saddle for Sina - it would come back
when her saddle got too tight.    It's pretty easy for me to see from the
saddle, probably easier than from the ground.

Karen Thomas, NC



--
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.5.446 / Virus Database: 268.18.3/699 - Release Date: 2/23/2007
1:26 PM


Reply via email to