On 01/07/07, Karen Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >>> I would be perfectly happy just cutting the word "tolt" out of my
> vocabulary, I don't think I really use the  term anyway.
>
> I'm with you, Kim.  I don't use the word "brokk" when I mean trot, so I will
> try from now on to be more careful to use the work rack when I mean rack.

To each our own. I will probably always use the word "tolt" when
explaining their gaits to non-gaited people.

However, I will expand upon that word using North American terms when
explaining the subtilities and range of what that word encompasses..
I will want a non-gaited person to understand that they are seeing a
saddle rack, or a rack or a nice running walk or a fox trot, or
stepping pace.  To me, having people understand that there is a whole
range of gaits available with these horses is an absolute positive to
the breed.

Wanda

Reply via email to