>>>> I would be perfectly happy just cutting the word "tolt" out of my
> vocabulary, I don't think I really use the  term anyway.
>
> I'm with you, Kim.  I don't use the word "brokk" when I mean trot, so I 
> will
> try from now on to be more careful to use the work rack when I mean rack.


For the people in other gaited horse breeds from other countries, they seem 
to assimilate quite easily into using the English terms; and Americans who 
have other gaited breeds from other countries, also seem to have no problem 
interchanging the foreign and english terms.

If someone talks about sobreandando or corto or llano, I understand what 
they are saying, and so does just about everyone on the gaitedhorse list. 
If they don't understand, they ask, and are willing to learn.  If someone 
else comes back and refers to a sobreandando as "stepping pace", pretty much 
all of us understand it's the same gait.  No one makes a big stink about using 
the foreign versus the english term.


Judy
http://icehorses.net
http://clickryder.com

 

Reply via email to