>>>> Good explanation on the o'clocks. That's simply common directional
knowledge. I've heard it used in many situations many times.


Of course it's using the clock points is a common directional reference.
But, that still doesn't explain to me why that is a priority with this
horse, at this time.

>>>> This seems to be a good way to teach a horse to keep its body turning
in a square and not a circle. I'd rather have a horse bending correctly on a
circle.

I'm a big fan of bending exercises...but I don't think they are the answer
for everything, or should be the first priority in all situations.  I really
wish I had more background about the horse in the video clip...Was he one of
Josh's own horses?  Did he come to him with a problem in evading the bit?
In other words, was the ignoring the overbent thing because he wanted the
horse to get past a bad habit, or did he think that sort of action is really
a good thing?  I couldn't tell for sure.

If the horse came to him with the bit evasion/overbending thing, and he was
ignoring it and trying to work on another breakthough, the video might have
more meaning to me.


Karen Thomas, NC




Reply via email to