>>>> Anyone know anything about this?  I have heard it and seen it and now am 
>>>> 100 percent convinced my Fox has it.  he doesnt colic EVERY time a front 
>>>> moves thru, but when he DOES colic it is ALWAYS when a front is moving 
>>>> thru. 


I seem to remember reading that most research suggest that the idea of "storm 
colics" is literally not true.  Note that I said "literally"... However, does 
the humidity also drop when these fronts pass your area?   Impaction colic can 
come from not drinking enough water, and sometimes horses may not drink enough 
when it's low humidity - something us in the south don't have to worry about 
too often!   That's the only explanation we could get for Saga's mild colic 
last fall.   It wasn't a bad colic at all, but I could see that she was off, so 
I finally called the vet out.  Her gut sounds weren't TOO bad, but there was an 
area that was too quiet, while another area sounded over-active.  I'm not good 
enough with a stethoscope to pick that detail up, so I'm glad I called him out. 
 I'm sure that a lot of mild colics go unnoticed.  


Karen
Karen Thomas
Wingate, NC



No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition. 
Version: 7.5.503 / Virus Database: 269.15.16/1102 - Release Date: 10/31/2007 
4:38 PM
 

Reply via email to