>>>> I seem to remember reading that most research suggest that the idea of 
>>>> "storm colics" is literally not true.  Note that I said "literally"...



thats another odd thing.  he had gut sounds.  I wonder if he could get
a toothache or maybe a headache when a storm comes.  or athritis or
something!  he doesnt limp...  but he just lays down and sorta blinks
funny like oooh I dont feel so good.  and he doesnt eat.  another
thing he does that none of my other horses do... he gets weepy eyes
now and then.  And I put some terramycin in it and by morning its
fine.  He gets this about three times a year.

I was reading on storm colic, i googled it, and what came up was
horses in post-disaster--- something you should think of judy, are
stressed, and they colic from stress.

Fox is my horse that was stalled with no turnout for years and years.
I wonder if he feels a storm coming and gets upset about it, it
stresses him, and he gets a mild tummy ache...

I talked to his old owner, he said he did not have it there, that he
never noticed anything like this.

Maybe Fox wishes he had a stall when it storms.  Curly ray is mean and
wont let him under the pole barn sometime.
Janice
yipie tie yie yo

Reply via email to