--- In [email protected], "Janice McDonald" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > How old is Blessi again? And how long has he been under saddle? > Blessi is 11. I have had him for about 3 years. He is an import from Iceland so I don't know when he was started--probably around 4 or 5.
>I am confused. I thought he was two and you were groundworking! < When I first got Blessi, I spent a lot of time groundworking him because: a. I was a beginning rider and this was the best way that I found to build a partnership b. He was lame for about 6 weeks so groundwork and walks were a fun thing to do c. Blessi was a little bargey when led and goundtraining helped with leading and gate manners d. Blessi is an intelligent horse and he really liked the opportunity to earn carrots e. As a beginning rider, I have no idea how to train under saddle but gound training was a fun thing to do. Hope that this is not too much info. > The cute ittle black guy, thats not Blessi then.> Blessi is a 14.1 hand flaxen chestnut. ;-) > I am so confused, I'm sorry. I am at home on dialup so its hard for me to do a lot of looking up posts at the moment. > I am confused all the time about everything. ;-) > I guess I need to look up spin the pony! I need it for my Stonewall. Is it still on your site Judy?? > Here is the link for the Unwrap exercise. http://www.iceryder.net/unwind.html >oh wait wait, its coming to me... you sent a VIDEO url of Blessi didnt you! Of his trainer and he was gaiting.... was that Blessi? Are you just getting back into riding him after a break?< I sent a video link of my sister's friend riding Blessi. This was the first time that he rode an Icelandic. You'll note that he sits way too far back in the saddle and there are probably other issues but he and Blessi seemed to be having fun. The friend normally rides Tennessee Walkers. Please donn't think that this is the way my trainer rides or trains Blessi!!!! In the past year, I have been working on me learning how to be a better rider. I had a fear issue and it took me a year to progress from being comfortable at the walk to the trot. I have yet to move to the canter. Since I have been concentrating on riding exercises, I have not been doing many ground exercises with Blessi. Judy recommended some more to start working with Blessi again. He really enjoys the challenge and it brings a fun element to arena exercises. I really hope this is not TMI. Pamela
