On 26/12/2007, Robyn Hood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > Sophie is sooo cute - Sushi, my son Jesses Pom, was here over Christmas and > he is really cute. I got him a soft sided crate and he slept in it near our > bed. I will find some good info for you on crate training and let you know. > I did it, using an extra large birdcage that sat on the floor, with my own > first puppy - it was 32 years ago and crate training wasn't exactly popular > - it worked really well. It should never be a punishment but can be a great > security space if used correctly and depending on the dog.
Right! You were the one that sent in a pic of a pom... I've popped her new little bed in her 'crate' and Sophie has put herself to bed. The door has been wide open for 1/2 and hour now and she's sound asleep in there. She must think it's her safe spot now...that and another safe spot would be clutched in any number of human arms during the day. She's fairly well socialized at this point. Wanda
