>>> Bruce, who hasn't ridden since about 1963, wants to know" Why does he have >>> him pulled up so short?"
Good question. If the horse can't use his head to help with his balance...and if his head is held high, then it seems natural to me that the horse can't see where he's going. And if he can't see well, maybe even a tiny stone can be enough to trip him up. >>> I do have a question about the stumble. When Bev has a horse stumble (and >>> eventually one will) she takes up on the reins to help the horse to regain >>> his footing. When I have a horse stumble (and eventually one will) I let >>> him have his head to regain balance. You're right in that sometimes horses just stumble for no real reason, so I don't mean to imply there is a huge problem with every stumble - only that it would make me ask a few questions. (I know that Feldman sells horses, so I look at this as I'd look at a horse I might want to buy...) Honestly, my horses don't stumble enough that I have a plan for what to do. I generally just grab some mane, to stay on, and let the horse work it out. My instincts tell me that trying to stay steady myself is probably the best thing I could do for them. I'm not sure that taking up contact is going to help them....? Karen Thomas, NC No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.16/1250 - Release Date: 1/29/2008 10:20 PM
