> 
> Okay Robyn, you got my attention.   You mean I can use my clicker 
to get the
> kids to clean up their rooms?    Do tell!!!  : )    (I am thinking 
Fruit
> Loops would make for excellent children treats . . .)
> 

I have recently had good luck with "Sticker training" with my three 
year old foster child.  She was, shall I say, reluctant to do basic 
tasks like getting dressed.  I think it was more attention seeking 
than anything, negative attention is better than no attention.:o(  

Anyway, we started a sticker chart so when she does something when I 
ask the first time she gets to put a sticker on her chart.  Immediate 
positive reward.  I then give "jackpots" if she gets all five 
stickers in one day (i.e. extra book to read at bedtime).

I don't know if it would work for room cleaning though...

-Kristen in upper MI

Reply via email to