Cherie,
Thanks so much for taking the time to answer my question as to the pro's and
cons of each bird species.
I know now is NOT the time for us to add a bird to our household. We
don't use daycare, so even though I or my husband are always home, we're pretty
much maxed out with the critters we already have, both two and four legged. :
) I'm trying to housebreak a puppy in the mix as well, and I've decided that
if she's housebroken before six months of age, that will be good! Oy!
But someday, maybe when the girls are older, we can explore the idea of
getting a bird. Despite the drawbacks, they still sound appealing to me.
Or. . . Maybe I'll just stick to naughty, stubborn puppies. : )
(Before anyone asks and another thread is created unrelated to Icelandic horses
which I don't want to be responsible for starting: She's a Pomeranian, 2 lbs,
11 weeks old, black with white ruff and toes, name of Lucy Maude Smidgen.)
-- Renee M. in Michigan