>>> I am just curious, are these wary horses low on the totem pole with other 
>>> horses??  I have noticed my wary horses are.

Are you talking about Cali?  No.  I don't know if you remember, but I've 
commented a couple of times that I think there are several types of confidence 
that a horse can have.  I've named three types: "stuff" confidence, "herd" 
confidence, and "people" confidence.  Cali seems very confident in the herd, 
quickly rising to the rank of "elder statesman" - or maybe a "respected peer." 
She's not overly bossy or dominant, but certainly found her place at the upper 
levels.  She's also pretty confident about "stuff."   Her only wariness has 
been 
about humans.

Runa is one of the ones who always seems to fall at the bottom of the herd.  
For 
that reason, I assumed she'd be uncertain in her training, and spooky about 
"stuff."  She's not.  She loves humans and isn't very worried about stuff, but 
a 
raised eyebrow from an older broodmare will leave her quaking in her boots...

Karen Thomas, NC

Reply via email to