On Thu 17/Nov/2022 00:56:12 +0100 Roland Turner wrote:
On 17/11/22 04:59, Alessandro Vesely wrote:

I fancied an experiment where a MLM offers a per-subscriber choice on whether to munge From: or not.  The way I envisaged it was to have users whitelist the ARC/ DKIM signing domain concurrently with their opting for non-munged From:. Mailbox providers could maintain per-user whitelists.  But it was rejected by the ISE...

That's a lot of moving parts. Quite apart from needing mailbox providers needing to provide a means to do this, it requires that the user making the munging decision act in concert with all of the other list subscribers (if I specify non-munging then all other subscribers must whitelist in order to receive my posts), which doesn't seem at all feasible.

No, it's the other way around. If you opt for non-munging, then just the messages sent to you will not be munged, irrespective of the author.

Smaller mailbox providers operating without the benefit of security data of some sort, yes.

What security data?

Whatever a data provider might provide that's helpful. Most server-side anti-spam products already include some sort of data exchange (or at least feed) to allow decision-making by small receivers to be supported by a much broader picture of the behaviour of abusers than they can obtain from their own logs.

You mean DNSxLs, antivirus feeds, Pyzor and similar stuff? Not any kind of MTA to MTA exchange?

Best
Ale