It appears that Murray S. Kucherawy  <superu...@gmail.com> said:
>I've read the middle part a few times and I don't understand either the
>attack or the proposed mitigation, so I think some examples might help.

The attack requires l= and an unsigned Content-Type header.

If Content-Type isn't signed, the bad guy can change the part boundary
string and then add new parts with the new boundary at the end. The
entire original message, which is all that the l= covers, is ignored
as junk before the first boundary.

I guess this isn't as obvious as the authors of 6376 thought since we still
have at least one person on this list insisting that you don't need to sign C-T.

On the other hand, I see that the perl and python DKIM modules sign
the MIME Content-* headers by default. Do you remember what opendkim
does? A quick look at the code wasn't too enlightening.

Requiring that the l= cover some minimum percentage of the message is
helpful but not that helpful, since you could add a short part with a
phish URL to a long message and probably still pass the percent rule.

On the third hand, I'm looking at mail in the IETF archives from
Verisign which has had DKIM signatures the l= tag since shortly after
the time they switched from Google to Ironport in late 2016. The set
of headers it signs is inconsistent. It always includes MIME-Version,
sometimes Content-Transfer-Encoding, and never Content-Type. So we do
have at least some examples where this bug exists.

R's,
John