Having spent a day reading through the draft from start to finish I think it is 
hard to see how to untangle the two. 

Policy is a major motivation behind a lot of what is in the overview. 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] 
> [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Michael Thomas
> Sent: Monday, March 12, 2007 1:57 PM
> To: Wietse Venema
> Cc: [email protected]
> Subject: Re: [ietf-dkim] Re: I-D 
> ACTION:draft-ietf-dkim-overview-04.txt
> 
> Wietse Venema wrote:
> > Tony Hansen:
> >   
> >> However, I'd like to hear some discussion on the issue: 
> Should we put 
> >> out a version now (without the SSP references), or hold 
> off until SSP 
> >> is totally finished?
> >>     
> >
> > I would not wait with an Overview document until SSP is ready for 
> > prime time. I would encourage deployment of DKIM-base now 
> so that we 
> > can gain useful experience.
> >   
> I sure hope that -overview is not looked upon as a necessary 
> ingredient for developing/deploying -base. Because I don't 
> think it is.
> 
> My preference is to wait and have one document that covers both.
> 
>        Mike
> _______________________________________________
> NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
> http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html
> 

_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html

Reply via email to