At 03:42 PM 4/9/00 -0800, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>You are confusing topological locality with administrative locality. I was
>talking about the latter, and so, I believe, was Valdis.

As my later comment meant to convey, I too was clear about the distinction,
but yes I was definitely confused about the discussion underway.

>>This would seem to walk down the path of considering this spec as a BASIS
>>for pursuing a standard?
>
>I would not have a problem with pursuing standards work on protocols for load
>balancing within a single administrative area. (This is not to say that
>defining a protocol that can span administrations would be useless. It
>would be
>very useful indeed, but I see so many potential ratholes it isn't funny.)

Sounds like a conveniently healthy constraint, then.

d/

=-=-=-=-=
Dave Crocker  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Brandenburg Consulting  <www.brandenburg.com>
Tel: +1.408.246.8253,  Fax: +1.408.273.6464
675 Spruce Drive,  Sunnyvale, CA 94086 USA