Mr. Ohta has put his finger on a key point: ability of all
parties to generate email addresses, web page URLs and so on.
Even if we introduce extended character sets, it seems vital
that there be some form of domain name that can be rendered
(and entered) as simple IA4 characters to assure continued
interworking at the most basic levels. This suggests that
there is need for some correspondence between an IA4 Domain
Name and any extended characterset counterpart.

Vint